Monday, August 19, 2013

Hip Hop Preacher speaks to Anthony Pettis and rest of Roufusport



Eric Thomas, AKA the Hip Hop Preacher, speaks passionatesly to UFC fighters Anthony Pettis and Erik Koch as well as the rest of the team at Roufusport MMA gym:

When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breath, is a mentality. Is a way of life. It's how you eat, how you think, how you sleep, how you dream. When you want to succeed as bad as you want to breathe, it's not some philosophy or some idea, it's what I breathe as life. And so what I need you to understand is guys, when you talk about being the best of the best; like when you talk about being in a sport where at the end of the day the way you win is somebody got to surrender. You're talking about two grown people...somebody got to surrender; you're talk about will now. You're talking about heart now. You're not talking physicality, you're not talking about how you look, you're not talking about how strong you are, you're not talking about how tall you are, how fit you are, you're talking about will. You're talking about when you get to the point where it's two people and somebody got to tap out before the other person taps out. Will. Heart. And so it is a mentality. The thing I love about Michael Jordan when Michael Jordan played. Michael Jordan had the flu and he still put up 38 points. He played every single minute; took a break and got some Gatorade and came back. Got some water, came back. Because he understood, "I got to want this thing and I can't take a day off." Like, "If I don't play this playoff game, there might not be another playoff game." 

...And when you want it as bad as you want to breathe...I'm willing to make any sacrifice, I'm willing to go through any pain, I'm willing to go through any suffering, I'm willing to go through whatever it takes so when I get in there and it's me and him one on one, that I guarantee you at the end of it I won't be the one that surrender.

...Vince Lombard said, "The harder you work, the harder it is to surrender".

No comments:

Post a Comment




More interesting and intelligent quotations