10 TIPS FOR STARTING YOUR OWN BUSINESS (From his book It's Time!: My 360-Degree View of the UFC)
1. Be an “OPMer”—invest with other people’s money (OPM).
2. Keep it legal!
3. Check out the competition and incorporate their success formulas into your own.
4. Teach your employees by example. Be the best, and teach them how to teach others.
5. The secret of success is delegation. You can’t do it all yourself.
6. Have PASSION for what you do, or don’t do it.
7. Building your own business is not work, it’s a lifestyle. Enjoy it!
8. Do NOT sleep with your employees.
9. “Fake it till you make it.” You can look and feel successful without lying.
10. Winners concentrate on winning. Losers concentrate on getting by. Be a winner!
Also from his book: