Saturday, May 11, 2013

Fighter Quotes about fighting and the Present Moment

One of the most attractive features about fighting in MMA for some athletes is that it brings them completely into the present moment. The present moment has been described by some as life itself, because all worries and problems seem to dissipate when we live in the now. Worries take place in the future, regret is housed in the past, but the present moment is a stress-free zone. Some also feel the present moment is portal to peak performance.

Fighter quotes about fighting in the present moment and being in the zone:





__________________________________________________________________

It's about feeling alive in the moment because your adrenaline is going, you're thinking about that present moment, you're not somewhere else, you're not thinking about what's going to happen 10 minutes from now. And that's the reason why I love fighting, is when I'm in there, I feel free. I feel like there's no other place I want to be. I can't even think of anything beyond that second. That's why I'm drawn to the fight, because I love the presence of it, where it brings me mentally, it's the purest thing for me. - Rashad Evans



__________________________________________________________________

"My attitude changes considerably the closer that the fight gets, I become only the fighter, I feel myself narrowing as the fight gets closer. It’s like having blinders on; you know when the fight’s far away I could see everything else, and then it just narrows and narrows and narrows and narrows until it gets to like the moment of the fight where I see nothing else, I don’t see five minutes ago, I don’t see five minutes from now, it’s only completely the present. It’s an intense process and it’s hard to do and I see why a lot of people would not want to do it, but for some reason it’s what I feel like I’m meant for.” -Ronda Rousey

No comments:

Post a Comment




More interesting and intelligent quotations