Monday, August 12, 2013

Rickson Gracie, Citizen of Humanity


This video by Citizens of Humanity on Rickson Gracie has a lot of great sayings from Rickson.
Gracie has learned a tremendous amount through fighting in mixed martial arts, Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, and being a part of martial arts his whole life. His wisdom in BJJ and combat is as deep as his wisdom about life. In a sense the wisdom from the martial arts has been transferred into life as whole.

- Courage is essential for the warrior
- My inspiration's coming from nature, I love nature and all the expressions, I love art, I love expressions of beauty. It's part of my life, being engaged in the moment.
- It's part of my life, being engaged in the moment. Maybe because I was born and raised on the mat, feeling the grip, feeling the touch, feeling the compromise, feeling victory, feeling defeat. It's all about how I feel about things. I never expect much, I always felt like I obey my heart.
- The most important thing is not victory, the most important thing is don't get defeated.
- I always try to challenge myself, to push myself to something unknown.
- The journey has to be based on passion. Put yourself in something you love to do. If you love what you do you're able to dedicate yourself, overcome obstacles
- The biggest gift I received as a martial artist is without a question the capacity to be in peace

No comments:

Post a Comment




More interesting and intelligent quotations