Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Dan Hardy doing Gymnastics Training



Georges St-Pierre made doing gymnastics a cool thing for mixed martial arts as he ventured into improving his athleticism by dabbling in the sport. He mentions this in his book The Way of the Fight:

I started doing gymnastics, for example. I’m sure there are a lot of MMA guys and fansho think it’s stupid and wimpy to do gymnastics. At least I used to think that way. I disregarded gymnastics and believed it was for other people. I was closed-minded. The key for me is being open to the learning that comes from other sports. To me, seeking knowledge is like opening doors. The planet we live on is a succession of doors. And I know the doors are everywhere.

Dan Hardy has trained with GSP in the famed Tristar Gym in Montreal, Canada; and has also taken to gymnastics himself. It's part of a quest of self improvement and getting better in every area in the sport and as an athlete as a whole.

No comments:

Post a Comment




More interesting and intelligent quotations