Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Royston Wee: Control fear and exploit it to your fullest potential


Royston Wee, the first UFC fighter from Singapore, answers some questions for MMAquotable.com

What are some of the main lessons you have learned through mixed martial arts?
That there is a logic to success in life as well as in MMA. Effort isn't spent, it's invested. Everything that I do in practice, in training, it pays me back many times over in the cage.

What motivates you to compete in mixed martial arts?
To be the best that I can be. I have yet to find a proving ground more complete, more honest, than in MMA. Also, my friends and family who support me, my teammates, they get me through the toughest times.

Who and what inspires you?
In terms of sports personalities, I have to say GSP. In my personal career, my head coach, Bruce Loh, who was Singapore's first professional MMA fighter long before MMA was popular.

What's a quote that inspires you?
"Men often become what they believe themselves to be. If I believe I cannot do something, it makes me incapable of doing it. But when I believe I can, then I acquire the ability." - Mahatma Gandhi

We feature inspirational quotes from fighters on our site; any motivational or inspirational message you'd like to share with our readers?
It's alright to have fear in ourselves. The creator instilled fear in us to remind us that there's no room for complacency. Do not let fear control you, but you control fear and exploit it to your fullest potential no matter what you are doing in life, not just fighting.

No comments:

Post a Comment




More interesting and intelligent quotations